- I cannot punch. What can I do?
Please make sure you have set the punching blade, punching mat, and paper waste tray in the right position and read the user manual carefully before using it.
- The punching blade (cylindrical blade) is damaged. What can I do?
Please purchase a replacement blade and replace it.
Check here for replacement parts
Main causes of damage
• Punching paper above the capacity
• Punch scrap clogging in the punching blade
• Punching of plastic or metallic materials such as staples, needles
After replacing the punching blade, please be sure to put back the chip tray firmly before using it.
- Is it possible to adjust the punching position, the depth from the paper edge?
Most of the punching position from the paper edge of CARL heavy duty punch is fixed at 12mm. If you need to adjust the punching position, you can choose No.120 heavy duty punch .
Punching position of No.120 is adjustable from 6 to 14mm.
- I don’t know how to change the consumables (punching blade or punching disk).
- I don’t know the product number of my CARL product.
Product number is printed on the surface of all CARL products.
- I don’t know which replacement part is suitable for my punch.
Please refer to the REPLACEMENT PARTS LIST .
- How regular should I replace the consumables (punching blade or punching disk)?
It depends on how regularly you use the punch. Below are the guidelines showing how many times the punching blade or disk could be used.
Punching blade ‧‧‧ About 3,000 times
Punching disk ‧‧‧ P-B01 (K-10) About 400 times)
P-B02 (K-500) Aabout 800 times)
* When using PPC paper 64g / ㎡ (approximately 0.09mm thick)
Worn-out punching disk will lead to incomplete hole punching. So, when the incomplete hole punching occurs or you find the punching blade seems to be dull, it is probably time to replace the consumables.
- I cannot take out the punching blade when replacing it. What can I do?
Please check whether the handle is lifted completely and try again.
- I lost the punching blade holder/ chip tray. How can I buy it?
Please contact us and send us the photo showing us which part you need.
- I need punch paper which is larger than A4. What CARL products should I buy?
Using No. 120 with a single gauge, you may just punch paper of whatever size you need.
For those with double gauges, they can auto center-align the paper for you, but most of them don’t allow you to punch paper larger than A4 except HD-530N since the gauge can be flattened.
For multi-hole, you may consider 123N or 124N (4-hole).
- I need to punch 4-hole. What CARL products should I buy?
Following the indicators on the gauge to align the paper can allow you to have 4-hole punching.
- I want to buy a 70mm punch. Where can I buy the CARL punches of which the hole distance is 70mm?
Punch with hole distance 70mm is used usually in the U.S., Korea, and the Philippines. It is available on our website in the U.S.